Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Disney Coming to Vancouver in 2011


Disney Cruise Line has announced that it will make Vancouver its home port for 18 Alaska cruises starting in 2011. This comes as welcome news to the Port of Vancouver which has seen several cruise lines discontinue or divert their Vancouver-based Alaska departures for 2010. Disney will make 18 seven-night sailings between May 3 and August 30, 2011. The Disney Wonder will visit Tracy Arm, Skagway adn Ketchikan. Disney will also operate five and six-night cruises from Vancouver to Los Angeles (and back) with stops in San Francisco and Victoria. Jeff James, vice-president of sales for Disney Cruise Lines, said their decision came as a result of demand from passengers wanting sailings to Alaska with Vancouver as a home port. "Our guests said Vancouver will provide them with the experience they are asking for," James said.

1 comment:

  1. Vancouver is a great city to set sail to Alaska. It only gets better every day on an Alaskan cruise. I have been on an Alaskan cruise before in my twenties on a family vacation. At the beginning it was not my first choice of vacation spots, but boy am I glad I went today. I was quite disappointed in the social life aspect. I did have my family, which you can't beat, but I was by far the youngest person. Most of the people were in their fifties. I think Disney will provide a great avenue to a younger generation with kids. It has thrilling sights and adventurous excursions that all families will hopefully enjoy!

    ReplyDelete